1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fitting Up Jeep Wrangler (help)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Richmik, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Richmik

Richmik Junior Member

Hey guy's, this is my first thread, just found this great site.

Here's my ?, I just sold my 7.5 fisher L.D m. mount which I have been using on my Chevy 2500. Just bought 1991 Jeep Wrangler 4.0, I have 18 residential accounts, looking to decrease time. What is the best fit up for Wrangler, prefer minute mount type application. Are poly type blades to light, and or weak? Appreciate any feed back. Thanks Rich :)
  2. Joelinnh

Joelinnh Junior Member

snoway all the way. weight and downpresure is the only way to go
  3. plucnik

plucnik Junior Member
    from Chicago

I've plowed for the last few years with my 97 Wrangler. I've used a Western 6.5 with Timbrens installed on the front. I have the picture of the setup posted somewhere in the forum (1st time checking in this season but......I forget where) I have a manual trans and it's been a bit rough on the clutch but it's been pretty good. I plow for a landscaping company and get all the "tight" spots but hey....it all pays the same!
  4. coolgreen

coolgreen Member

I have a SnoWay on my 1995 YJ (Wrangler), and it works great. The down pressure makes up for the light weight of the plow. The only thing I don't like is the control. I would prefer a joystick like the one that operates the Western on my Ford.
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

did you check out curtis i know there is a dealer in bethel ct very easy on and off
  6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

7. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

-John :cool: