1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fitting a used plow to my truck?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Bmoorefield, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Bmoorefield

Bmoorefield Junior Member

I have a 2002 chevy 2500HD and I am looking to buy a used plow that will fit. Does anybody know if a Boss super duty 7 foot 6 inch straight blade with mounting bracket and wireing harness off of a 2005 Chevy 2500HD will fit my truck? I guess I am really asking if the mounting brackets will match up to my truck?
  2. bri113

bri113 Junior Member

im no expert but i have a 2004 chevy 2500HD and i have also been looking for a mount and plow. i think the mount should fit because what i have been see are mounts that say 2002-2006 for chevy 2500HD. if you want 100% confirmation i would call Boss and ask.
  3. Bmoorefield

Bmoorefield Junior Member

Thanks for the info, I probably call Boss if nobody else knows for sure.
  4. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

maybe you can go on the boss site and compare the trucks on the plow selector. put in the info for the truck the mount came offf of, the put in your trucks info, the final screen says the mount type. if they are the same maybe the mounts are the same. just an idea, i dont know much about boss plows.