1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fitting a 95 F-150 plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rhetor, Dec 14, 2003.

1. rhetor

rhetor Junior Member

I'm looking around for used plow setups for my 95 F-150. I see a lot of ads for Fisher minute mount and meyer EZ mount setups for 1/2 ton chevys and dodges and what not. If i buy one of the plow setups for another american 1/2 ton, all i need is the undercarriage mount for my F-150, correct?

2. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

A little info...If you have dual front shocks the Fisher mount needs a little modification and you have to leave the front shocks and sway bar off.

3. rhetor

rhetor Junior Member

thanks. i have the single shock set up.

I'm currently looking at western unimounts because they make an adapter bracket so i could also fit the whole set up to my father's 2002 F-350 PSD.

4. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I was thinking Western for my next truck but after watching a few Westerns yesterday I think I'm sticking to Fisher. If you didn't know Western and Fisher are both owned by Douglass Dynamics!

f150lf.jpg

5. rhetor

rhetor Junior Member

6. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Cool another "Western", welcome aboard :)
    I have been very pleased with my 8 ft ultramount pro.
    It's incredibly well designed. spend the extra 40-50 bucks on the cab command handheld control, worth the extra bucks.

Cheers

7. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Nice truck too. I guess it's a good deal for you to go Western. I've had 2 Fishers which were great and this one now has served me very well. What I don't like about Western is the blade tripping as opposed to the trip edge. I'm sure being a cousin to a Fisher it has to be good! Good luck and have fun plowing! :)