1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fit for lifted Jeep?

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by Jim M, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Jim M

Jim M Junior Member

I'm buying a new house with a longer driveway and am considering the SnowSport plow. The issue is that my TJ is lifted. How much height over stock can this plow work with? Would I be able to find out the range of allowable height for the 2 inch receiver as designed by the engineers?
  2. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

The Snowsport mount can be turned upside down. The directions say to have at LEAST 8inches clearance.I see on mine that you can have a 6inch drop to the center of the lower holes to mount the carriage to. Shouldnt be any problem.....Wait to hear from SnowSport,though! AL
  3. snowsportstaff

snowsportstaff Sponsor

Voyager Al

The clearance from grade to the bottom of the receiver tube should not exceed 16 inches for proper plow installation/operation. Yes, the interceptor can be turned downward, but even then, if the receiver tube is more than 16 inches up the plow blade will set too high for normal operation.
  4. Jim M

Jim M Junior Member

Thanks to both of you; that's exactly the information I need. I'll have to get the tape out and see if I qualify.