1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fishy or did it really happen?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 6, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Two things:

"My head hit the windshield". Is that even possible wearing a seat belt?

"They're looking into leads.......anyone selling a bent up plow". Poor Bird is gonna get questioned and have no idea why!

3. NThill93

NThill93 Member

seems odd that no one stopped.

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I like how half of the comments are assuming the plow guy was drunk. Do people really think that we all go out and get hammered before we go to work?

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

It would be ironic if he came into the lane and hit the plow. Seems fishy no one stopped to help him.

6. grandview

I know that street ,most people are doing 40+ on it. You hit someone head on like that,your plow truck would of been spinning out to.

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

I plow in the winter and even I'm skeptical of most other plow drivers. especially being a member on this site and all the "bragging" guys seems to do about how many hours straight they worked with no sleep. like its impressive.

8. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

If he got hit by a plow truck, that front tire would be flat for one, and two he would have never wounded up in the ditch if he got hit by the plow. His truck would have spun around.

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

x2 I'm calling BS on this one- I'd put money on THIS guy claiming to be the victim actually having been on the phone, distracted by his kids, etc., having hit something, and blaming it on a "blue plow truck with a red plow"- really narrows it down :rolleyes:

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

He said it was a dark blue pickup with a red plow......Hey GV don't you run dark blue pickup and red plows?:rolleyes:

Sounds fishy and the damage to the SUV doesn't add up.

11. grandview

Its Fisher yellow now!:D

12. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Perfect....

13. jryan

jryan Junior Member
    from Ohio

I just don't believe that there was traffic there that watched a guy get hit head on by a snow plow and they just drove on around him and didn't stop.

14. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

the story does sound fishy but I can believe no one stopped. people don't wanna get involved now a days.

15. anz27

anz27 Member

Real easy way to tell. If they look at the front of the SUV hit there better be some red streaks where the two vehicles traded paint. There is no way that an impact like that could happen without swapping some paint

16. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I hope you remembered to remove all of the old paint down to the primer before you shot the yellow. :)

17. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Funny, you guys are saying what I was thinking when I read this yesterday.... smells like insurance scam to me.

18. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

If both vehicles were doing 40+ you bet that airbags are going off. That plow truck is also getting tossed around in some way and not just driving off unless it's a dual axle municipal rig with some real weight behind it, and then the damage would have been even worse! If his head hit the the windshield there is no way he even had a seatbelt on.