1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fishstik

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by duffman1000, Nov 6, 2007.

1. duffman1000

duffman1000 Junior Member

Has fisher fixed the problem with the fishstik. I am on my third one and im wondering if i can get a new one if the problem was fixed.The xtreme v is the best plow out there but dont want to have a faulty stix any more.

2. tzukows

tzukows Junior Member

Joy stick

Sorry to hear about the going through 3 Fish Sticks...

I have to say I was initially disappointed when the new F250 (8' HD straight blade) I got came through with the "old school" joy stick.

I have since grown to love it, especially mounted on the dash to the left of the steering column. Being right handed I like being able to shift and steer with that hand, while controlling the plow with my left.

Works great, had no technical issues.

If they offer a different control, it might be worth a try.
    Sometime simple is better and more reliable.

Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

What is the issue with the Fishstick? I bought a used on last year along with my MM1 8" HD and had no issues last year, nor last month when I hooked it up and tested all the functions.

I just want to know what the problem is so i can recognize it when I see it.

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

The problem is in the cord for the Extreme V stiks,your dealer should have revised cords in stock that solved the problem.
    Mayhem-you shouldn't have the same problem with yours unless the PC board goes bad inside.