1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FishStik controller

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by metalman, Nov 16, 2009.

1. metalman

metalman Junior Member
    from ma

Hi I just purchased a extremev 8.5 plow and have noticed it is very difficult unplugging the controller. It is under the steering column and hard to get to. Has anyone else having the same problem?

2. nbannan

nbannan Member

I puled off the panel to relocate it to make it easier to move around.
    Mine is on a silverdo. 1 bolt thru the hood release & a couple of other phillips screws along bottom edge.
    (3-maybe?) then it is a pop off panel. The metal clips grab really hard though. Thought I was gonna bust it for a minute. Once its off second time is easier.
    Good luck.NB

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I checked mine out today, it does pop off a bit harder then my old straight blade one, but I typically leave mine on year round. I just upgraded my wiring so I had it off.

4. metalman

metalman Junior Member
    from ma

I think I will relocate mine that is a good idea. The connection is too small to be in that location and I know one cold morning it will send me over the edge!!!! Glad to see I an not the only one out there.

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

they grab really hard because you can have a failure to comunicate if they don't. I had to have mine replaced because of that connection. when mine was installed they mounted it outside of the center console so I could reach it.