1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fishstick pin terminals

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by killed300ex, Nov 21, 2009.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Just bought a 8.5 fisher v plow with wiring. Someone cut off the harness right at the connector for the fishstick. Looking to rewire with new parts found the fisher part number I need but they are crazy money. (Part #22123 $45+ for 10 connectors) Wondering if anyone could lead me to a spot to get them cheaper than that. A part number for an electical warehouse ect.
    Thanks
    Evan

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

So it's an EzVee plow or is it an Extreme V?

3. killed300ex

ez vee older 2 plug system

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

So I am assuming your talking about the control harness itself is where they cut it. Just before it attaches into the truck side connector? And are the pins still in it?

56496-Panel-Mnt-Multi-pin-Connector.jpg

If so, that small tool will pop them out of the connector, you then can use very small needle nose pliers to reuse the connecting pins, or if there is enough wire atached to all the pins where they cut the connector free, you can use butt connector to attach your control harness to it instead. I have that tool I can send you if you need it.

As far as your question, If were on the same page, I did some looking around...Tessco, Google, Thunderbolt, rc world, and a few others, none of the ones I could find had anything close to the same tip on the connector pins. I have seen one rebuilt with a 13 pin deutsch connector before both harness & controller side, but that would cost you WAY more for both connectors and pins. If it's any help one of the deutsch connector pins was the closet match to Fisher's that I could find. You might want to visit your closest Caterpillar dealer with your truck side connector to see if they have one that will fit, if so your in business.

I agree, $44 for 10 freaking pins is crazy!

56496-Panel-Mnt-Multi-pin-Connector.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  5. killed300ex

I have the release tool to get them out of that connector (thanks for the offer though). I could probalbly but connect them have I about an inch of wire on the truck side of the connector. ( Controler side is intact) But id rather do it righ,t however if the differance is $40 but connectors vs fisher pins ill just attempt to but connect them. Just hoping someone might have found the connectors cheaper somewhere else
    Evan

6. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i just had the same problem...i got the pins from messer truck equiptment (local fisher dealer) for $1.70 a pin....$17 isn't much better for the little pins but better then 45

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

I know what you mean.

I just tore apart my wiring section downstairs looking for those pins. I got to thinking, I was told I had to buy that kit 56496 along with those pins 22123 when I wired my truck up last month with a multiplex / non multiplex 7 pin system. When I went to install everything the harness already had them on it. I know I didn't pay no $45 - $52 for them, I must have tossed them with the mindset of "I won't need those, and they can't be more then .10 cents a piece if I do later on"...I hate clutter, but sometimes it comes back to bite me in the a**.

If I come across them I will let you know.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thats where I bought mine. They have ALOT of stuff mis priced, I use to buy my towing gear from them too. I'm very careful not to say anything about other dealers pricing when I am in there.

It might be worth a shot to call them and pay by credit card & have them shipped if there in fact that cheap killed300.. There number is 207-854-9751

9. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I've had issues with the pins in the connectors on some of ours.I keep the replacement pins in stock, I believe I paid around two bucks each for them. We put some on once that were close, and the plow stopped working at 3am... the right ones are worth 20 bucks each at that point. I'm sure they're out there somewhere for less, but to me, It's not worth the time to screw around over a few bucks. I'd rather have the right ones.

10. killed300ex

so after lots of research I have finally found a much better price. Here they are
    truck side plug
    https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/s...toreId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=495146
    Pin
    https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/s...toreId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=526504
    Fish stick side plug
    https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/s...toreId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=495031
    Pin
    https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/s...toreId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=526441
    These should be FACTORY replacements at a fraction of the price. Hope this helps you guys new there had to be a cheaper way.

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

Very nice! I'm glad you took the time to not only find this stuff, but to let us know your results. That is phenomenal, there the exact part.

12. killed300ex

not a problem glad I found them

13. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Great info. Thanks a lot! :waving: