1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fishstick mounts....Pic Request

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Doakster, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I haven't decided where I want to mount my fishstick as of yet, right now I just have the plug hanging low around my center console and I just plug it in when I use it and unplug it when I'm not plowing to store the stick.

I'd appreciate any pics of where people mount their fishsticks.

I don't want the mount to be visible at all, and don't want to drill into my dash in any place that is visible. I have an idea in my head about making a mounting bracket but would like some input.

Any pics would be appreciated. Who knows maybe this is a better questions suited for the vid/pic section.

2. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I would also love to see some pics. I just got a new XLS love the plow but can't stand holding the fish stick in my hand. I thought fisher used to have an adjustable arm that could be mounted to the floor to hold the fish stick, but I can' find it.

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

supposedly they come with some "clip"
    i dont have one. i just pull out the dash cup holders and loop it around there so it hangs down on the drivers side of the truck and then i grab it when i need it.
    heres a pic where you can kind of see it. not the greatest but it works

[​IMG]

4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I do have the clip that you speak of, it came with all my packaging for the plow. I'd like to do a mount which will be "semi-permanent", and convenient to run the stick when it's in the mount, but remove the mount so it was like it was never there in the summer.

5. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

maybe a velco strap through the "a" pillar handle
    put it thorugh there and the velcro it around the fishstick
    its an idea lol

6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

A pillar handle is replaced by some gauges. Plus it would be way too high to be operated easily in place.

7. MrBigStuff

MrBigStuff Senior Member
    from Boston

I mounted my stick so I could operate it while my hand still rested on the steering wheel. No fumbling around for it. It's off to the right and I used the mount and fastener material that came with it.

It's sticky enough that it lasts for about a season and then I have to replace it. They included about a foot of this velcro on steriods and I only use about 3" of it at a time. I found some double backed, sticky foam tape that works even better. I applied that to the back of the side that is stuck to the dash.

No holes needed and the adhesive cleans up with goo gone or similar.

8. thisismurph

thisismurph Junior Member

I fliped my thermal(tall) coffee mug over and with some gorilla tape adjusted it where I wanted

joy stick.jpg

9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

in the 02 ford I used last year I would just shove it between the 2 front seats worked really well. Everyone else just throws it on the floor.:rolleyes:

10. 97F350PS

97F350PS Junior Member

Here is how I mounted mine.
    Sticky back velcro, when you want to remove it - use a heat gun, then some goo gone or a little zippo fluid.

E

DSCF7053.jpg

DSCF7054.jpg

DSCF7055.jpg

11. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I like the Velcro....not sure about the coffee mug and duct tape idea.....hopefully I'll get around to building something this weekend and put up some pics.

12. harddock

harddock Member
    from mass

On my 2005 F350 there was a hook (for a trash bag) on the lower dash. I used some pastic wire ties and mounted it there.
    On my 2008 F250 I used the velcro that the fast pass people give you (super strong) to mount a transducer to the dash under where the uplifter switches would be.

13. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Lay mine over cup holder while plow is on and plowing. But if plow is off I go over to the bag hook

[​IMG]