1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FishStick mounting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CPSS, Jan 23, 2003.

1. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Thought you all might like to see how we set up our Fords with the Fisher fish stick. Welded a piece of threaded rod to the supplied mount, welded a small plate to the bottom, bent it to fit, and screwed it below the arm rest. Your hand naturally falls to it when resting on the arm rest. The controller can be hand held if desired.

im000058.jpg

2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Loooks pretty good. Very clean looking setup.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

pretty cool.

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

any problem with stress on the wiring from opening and closing the door ?

didnt mean to breakem just wondering

cardoctor

still cold out

5. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

We havent noticed any problems with stress on the wires. Oldest setup is 4 years old. We do remove them in the summer. The wire if pretty flexible, in fact I think we have less stress on the wire than someone constantly moving and pulling on their hand held unit.

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Very nice setup.I have seen a similar joystick setup on a Ford just like that,but mounted with a magnet.The guy epoxied some super magnet to the inside of the door panel,and uses a vinyl covered steel plate to mount the joystick.It took two hands to pull this thing off.Never seen a magnet so strong in my life.

7. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I guess he didn't wear his watch on his left arm then.:D

8. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Problems with the wiring

Lot's of lefties up here or guys who converted from the old bust you knee with the Fisher Joystick cable Control mounted low on the left school.

No problems with the Fishstick wiring from all the door opening and closing the cord is made to flex. Most have the plug mounted just under the dash so they dont hit it with there foot getting in and out.

We have had alot of problems with the standard box control from Western and Fisher. The wires in the plug lead seperate and loose contact. One quy has to shut his door several times to make it work..........To think a few minutes with a soldering iron.

Nice set up on the mounting you did there now to get Ford to include the wiring and control in the plow prep package..LOL