1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FishStick loosing power

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Pat M, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Pat M

Pat M Member

O.k. so after having a sticky S1 solenoid and getting that fixed then dropping off the blade to get a back drag top on and the truck to get head gaskets installed I was finally able to pick everything back up after 1 1/2 weeks do to the holidays and everything. So I pick up the plow today and use it real quick to clean up the driveway from the snow last week. On my way out when I went to go hit the up button the FishStick shuts off. I turn it back on and hit the button again. Off she goes. I then went and hit the down button and it goes down then the side buttons and off again. So now I determine that if I hit anything besides down it shuts off the FishStick. Check the connection and it works again even though the connection was fine. So I am off going to a couple of job sites and continue with my day. Later on this afternoon I go drop the blade again and then the up button and again it shuts off. You can hear a relay click when you hit the up or side buttons right before it shuts down. Now it isn't just shutting power to the FishStick but also taken all power away. The FishStick looses all ligthing then it comes back on again and gets re-energized. If I try to wiggle any of the wires nothing happens. I disonnect the FishStick wiring then the 3 plugs up front and it works again and haven't been able to replicate the problem. I can hit the up, down and then right, left buttons over and over again and has not shut off again.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on what the issue might be. I even checked all connections on ISO module and nothing was loose.

Thanks for any help. Heading North at 3 a.m. Wednesday morning in the middle of the snowstorm and really don't even want to deal with a disfunctional plow.

Thanks again.

2. GROUND WIRE, GROUND WIRE, GROUND WIRE!!!

Check your connections on the main power and ground cables, the ones that look like battery cables.

3. Pat M

Pat M Member

I checked the one on the plow but didn't check the one by the battery. Will check that this morning on my way out right now.

Thanks.

4. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Bingo. Thats what I was thinking as well

C-