1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fishstick doesnt power off

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plb04090, Dec 27, 2010.

1. plb04090

plb04090 Junior Member
    from Maine

i have a 05 gmc 2500hd when i have the plow hooked up and turn off the truck the controller does not turn off. i change where the red wire is plugged in due to the fact the module under the hood buzz and does let the controller turn on when in the new port it does not power off any answers to what i can do. its been one of those days blew a line at like 5 in the morning and now this and i don't want my battery to die. i was thinking about putting a cheap toggle switch in if i have too but don't want too

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You must first verify that the red wire is hooked up to 12V SWITCHED power,if it is constant 12V then your controll will remain lit.

3. plb04090

plb04090 Junior Member
    from Maine

When I plug into the switched 12vdc the ISO module i want to say under the hood makes this awfull buzzing noise like there is a short i had it hooked in there before and it worked fine.