1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FisherVPlows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SLC1, Jul 27, 2000.

1. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

I would like your guys information on how good of luck you have had with the Fisher V-plows. We just bought a 2000 Chevy 3500 and need to put a plow on it soon and the dealer in our area told me that Fisher was coming out with a 91/2' V Plow. We currently run 5 other Fishers from 8'-10' and we would like to try one of these V-plows. I would greatly appreciate anything anyone has to say about the Fisher V's.

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a total of 2 fisher v plows both 8.5 '. They work very well, and are great. Only one is mounted on a pick up the other on a dump, the 8.5 is too small for a dump. I am getting 2 new 350s and 2 new 550. The 350s will get the 9.5 v for sure, i am not sure if i am going to use the 9 MC, a 9' Diamond ( probably won't havppen), or a 9.5 V. Gotta check out the v first.<p>Geoff

3. BillNero

BillNero Member

You might like to know the 9.5' Fisher V Plow is more than just a wider plow. It is actually beefed up quite a bit over the standard 8.5'. This will be it's first year out although they had several &quot;Proto-Type&quot; unit in field testing last year. Results were VERY positive.<br><p>----------<br>Bill Nero<br>CPW

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

It was my understanding that the 9.5 v plow was made for the F-450 and up chassis.<br>I personally would not run the 9.5 on the 3500 series truck. I would stick with the 8.5 v plow.I have a western v plow(made at the same plant that the fishers are made) and know several people that run the fisher v plow, and they all love them.<br>Why winrow when you can scoop?<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

5. BillNero

BillNero Member

Dino,<p>You are correct. The 9.5 V was developed for the F450/550 SD. With a weight of 1050lbs, caution should be used in any other vehicle application.<p>It has been my experience that guys will mount it on one tons as well. Back in the &quot;Old Days&quot; we used to mount the Diamond V Plows on any one ton truck - even 3/4 ton. Those monsters also weighed over 1000 lbs.<p>My advice is to add a good Suspension aid kit if used on a one ton. Timbrens Areon rubber springs work extremely well and are inexpensive.<p>----------<br>Bill Nero<br>CPW

6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Maybe i should change my order to 4 F 550, and not 2 350s and 2 550s. Was never planning on spreading with the F 350s, but i want the bigger v plow. The 8.5 with a ford's turning radius is just too small.<p>Geoff