1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FisherV adjustment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ghostrunner, Jan 24, 2004.

1. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

Is there a way to adjust the Fisher Ezv so that it sits up higher?
    I have lefted the front of the truck almost as far as I can.
    And I still hit the plow when driving along and hit a bump or something.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they do hang low is there a chain adj on that

3. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

Chain

Yes there is a chain adjustment but I think that it will just top out on the frame stops.

4. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

just bump the wings out a little it will give you a little more clearance, at least thats what i do with mine

5. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

bump wings?

What do you mean "bump" the wings out?
    I would like to run between jobs in the V position but that seems to put the edges of the plow closest to the ground.

6. chris k

chris k Senior Member

just don't "v" the plow all the way in. it works for me on my 01 F350. Also do you have the 8'6 or the 9'6. I have the 8'6 but a friend has the bigger one and there is nothing he can do to stop the corners from catching.

7. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

just don't "v" the plow all the way in is what i meant sorry for the confusion

8. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

replies

Thanks for the replies...
    I will try your suggestions.
    I guess I was kind of hoping that there is a way to adjust the frame up so the whole thing sits up higher.

9. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

We took the rubber "bumper" out from between the a frame and head gear, then adjusted the chain. That gave us a little more height. Not much though. I also clipped the corners of the cutting edge about 3" each on a 45, now they are a little higher, and don't get caught on curbs as much.

10. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

Ballast

There has got to be a way to raise the whole system. Instead of raising the plow and frame maybe I should get a lift for the front of the truck?
    Kinda frustrated hitting the edges all the time.
    How many lbs of ballast should I have in the back?
    Are there 2 different bolt holes on the frame that I can adjust to?

11. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

We have found the easiest way is just to not have the plow in full V position as others have said. I usually travel with it barely v'd and angled off to one side to make drivers coming at me not have that look of terror as if I am going to take he side of their car off:rolleyes:

12. Rodeo Rider

Rodeo Rider Junior Member

when i drive a truck with a V-plow i leave it in the scoop position and i have no problems with maneuvering in traffic or with overheating. Any one else try this?

Big Al

13. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Chevys don't have the ground clearance of the Ford's and Dodge's so other than lifting the chain and running proper ballast their is no frame adjustment,crank the torsion bars for a little help and keep the wings out a hair.

14. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

Thanks

Thanks again....When I was talking about the frame I was talking about the plow frame not the truck frame.

15. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

v
    I also drive with the wings bumped out just a little! Also when I think it might hit( In and out driveways, Dunkin Donuts, etc)I bump it just a little more then quickly back down. Works for me! I noticed this problem when I replaced my cutting edge!
    Nailit

16. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Re: Thanks

Same here,the holes you see at the back of the A-Frame only change the attack angle of the blade.

17. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

OHhhhh....KKKAAAaayyy :confused:

How do you SEE down the road then?
    Not to mention the Extra 4' of overall length of the plow truck.

My BOSS V will just touch on steep aprons. I simply do as others and tap out that wing a few inches, then its WAY up and out of the way.

18. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Okay, since nobody asked the important questions,

What make and year of truck

Minute mount or minute mount 2

distance from the ground to the center of the hole for the connecting pin on the mount

Which hole is the stepped pin that hold the headgear to the a-frame in.

The reason for the questions is because the are 2 different ways to change the way the plow is carried. One way is where the headgear and a frame meet and the other is how the push plate assembly is set. Most trucks are set at a "A" configuration, center hole. Trucks that sit low need to be set at a "B" and the top hole.

Let me know what you have and we will see if we cant get it off the pavement.

19. Rodeo Rider

Rodeo Rider Junior Member

TLS,
    I don't usually drive little toy trucks like 1 ton Chevy's. my rig is a International 4900 with a 12 Foot main plow and a 10 foot wing with a sidewinder body. So seeing where i am going and the Extra 4 foot out in front isn't a problem to someone with experience.

20. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Agricare1,

I'll give you ONE chance to RE-think about what you just posted. I feel that your reply was totally uncalled for. :nono:

I was simply questioning your unusual method of transporting your V-Plow.

Waiting for an apology.....:rolleyes: