1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fishers X BLADE

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pats plowing, Sep 12, 2002.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Finally saw an X blade on a 03 ford f350. It has the Minute Mount 2 system on it. Anyone want to take a guess on price?

Another thing the dealer showed me is it makes a terrible noise. Just tap the front of the blade and its wack bang. Theres already noise with the yellow HD;s and this is like double trouble.
    Dealer advised against it and it was $3000 more than the yellow MM hd blade. All 8ft blades.
  2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, that's nearly twice the price of yellow plows! :eek: I remember that someone from other threads said that a Fisher reps said that the X-Blade would cost 10% more than the yellow plows. I thought that it would be an easy decision to go with the X-Blade to eliminate the need to repaint the plow and to strengthen the blade. Oh well. I'd rather spend a day repainting the plow than spend extra $3000.
  3. wxmn6

Forgot to ask this. Any idea why the plows is making noise when tapped on the blade?
  4. pats plowing

The sound comes from the X bracket in the back not being connected to the actual blade i think. There is about a .25" clearance and i believe that made the sound.
  5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I would venture to guess that the powder coating on steel blades would tend to dampen vibrations(noise) and this powder coating is absent from the stainless, more vibration, probably allowing it to have a ring to it.
  6. Maine Man

Maine Man Junior Member

That XBLADE price isn't anywhere near being accurate. The XBLADE does have a price about 10% higher than its regular 8' or 9' counterpart HD. That would only put about a $350 to $400 premium on it.

Shop around to some other Fisher distributors.
  7. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I talked to a Fisher salesman yesterday.

8' X blade - $4,600 installed
  8. pats plowing

Found a dealer in NH $4200 installed.
  9. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

I was at the Marshfeild MA fair a month ago and they had one on display. The plow was 3600 installed. I can't remember the deakler though.
  10. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

one of the guys @ Abco Said $3700 installed for the 8footer and $4100 for the 9 footer, $7k for a plow, that salesman must be a bullschitt artist:rolleyes:

11. wxmn6

Nate - I like the picture of a loader with snowpusher. :cool: But I could not see the snow pile get bigger as the loader moves along. :confused:

:D :drinkup: