1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher's Snofoil and Boss

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sgoalie23, Sep 14, 2006.

1. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

Has anyone ever tried to put fisher's metal snow deflector "snofoil" on a Boss straight blade? Can it be done? I really don't want to have to resort to a Boss poly snow deflector or a rubber one. Before I go ahead with any of this, how well do the snofoils actually work? Also, how much would I be looking to spend on a 9' snofoil. Set aside from that does anyone know how much wings for a 9' straight steel blade are?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

basicly sno foils are great for long runs. small city stuff is not realy needed. and if pileing snow thay get in the way and tend to bend up a bit. i found all of this on hear under a search for snofoil and sno deflector.

also there is 3 diffrent styles of fisher snofoil per the year ranges. but with a little mod work i bet it could be done.
  3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

They don't get in the way when pushing piles up, they are good even for short runs, yes they do bend when you hit things but the name of the game is not to, right?:D
  4. Adair350

Adair350 Member

What I found when i had a foil on my 8' hd fisher was it worked good for stacking but for angle plowing it had a tendency to hold the snow down and not let it roll up over the snow banks when plowing roads. I put one on the plow new and took it off about 6 storms later. Pretty much had the same experience with the rubber flector.

I don't think you would be able to adapter a fisher snofoil to a boss. The top edge of the plows where the foil would sit are at totally different angles, so some sort of adapter-plate would have to be fabricated in order for the foil to curve correctly.

Adam Caron
    Parts Manager
    Wright Trailers
    Seekonk, Ma