1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher's NEW "Fleet Flex"

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RepoMan207, Sep 30, 2011.

1. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

As soon as I learned about the multiplex system, I knew it wouldn't be long before Fisher implemented it on all their products (namely their Straight Blades). Sure enough, I was on their site today and noticed what they're calling "Fleet Flex". I had to call in for the details, as there was nothing on their site for information....yet.

As suspected, all plows will be multiplex driven. They took it one further though, soon, when you buy a plow, it will be pre assembled straight from the factory; head gear on the A Frame, & blade attached. The Hydrulic Unit will be attached as it has always been, but the lines will already be installed, with the unit full of fluid, and already preasure tested. The only assembly required will be head lamps.

I was told that prices are not going to change from the factory to the dealer...However, will the dealers jack their price to make up for their assembly revenue that they're going to loose? Or will they just keep charging what they have been; just to de crate & install the lights? Granted they've always sold them below MSRP......but I'ld bet the already ridiculous pricing is about to get even worse. Hopefully I'm wrong, hopefully their trying to scale back the pricing (add sarcasm here.). I'll be interested to see how this all plays out.

On a side note, I hope this is a sign of better quality control within D&D's productions. Thumbs Up
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Do you if this will include the XV plows? I helped the local shop put one together last year and they can be a bit of a pain. I have a new XV on order and should be in next week.
  3. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yes, ALL plows. I didn't ask what their roll out date was, but I would speculate it will be early next year before we see them at the dealers...they probably want to sell off as many of the current version as they can first. I maybe wrong on that. I'm sure the one your getting is going to be crated as they've always been though.
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats a great idea, great that they finally did it (multi Plex). Any mention on if they are upgrading the hydraulics on the straight blades to the Extreme V/XLS Hydraulics?
  5. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yup, that's exactly what that means. In order for the straight blades to work with the multiplex systems, they would of had to of changed the power units too.....or atleast re configured them with an added ISO & Solenoid plow side.
  6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Awesome- another piece of electronics in the mix to further complicate an otherwise simple system and add another potential link in the system to break!
    More modules means more potential failure points.
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a great way to generate some sales volume for current operators with mixed fleets.

I can't imagine the pre-assembled thing. That's going to have to triple the shipping costs. Those 18 wheelers rolling out of Rockland are extremely tightly packed. And what if there is damage, say a light tab gets bent/broken. Are they going to damage out the entire unit?
  8. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I guess that's one way to look at it...:confused:

Now that you say it... it'd probably be simpler to just shovel snow, rather than screwing around with these complicated trucks and plows. Probably should cook our food over a fire too, so that we don't have to worry about complicated appliances. Oh, and I think I'd talk to my friends with two orange juice cans and a string... the heck with complex electronic cell phones and such. :jester:
  9. RepoMan207

from Maine

:laughing: Nice!
  10. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

That is how my XV came, lines installed full of fluid. Only problem I installed the plow by myself. I tried to put the blade together without laying it flat but it was impossible with what I had on hand. So I had to un assemble some of the pre assembled parts, angle rams, chain so I could get the T-Frame loose and lightened up. Trying to install the center pin with the Head Gear attached to the T-Frame was not a viable option
  11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Many manufacturers ship unit assembled. Snoway has been doing it for years, as do Snowdogg and Curtis.
  12. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

just talked to a plow dealer in mass the other day. hes selling me a complete plow setup minus the push plates plow is an 8' straight blad HD with the all new multiplex wiring and controller. blade, all wiring, and fishstik. 4075 out the door. the new multiplex straight blade electronics will be able to control an xv without any changes wo the electrical system.
  13. plowguy43

Exactly why I moved on from Fisher, I got a complete stainless 9'6" V plow with deflector out the door for $4300. And the wiring is very simple and works very well.
  14. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I'm getting mine put together today... got everything I could get put together but they shorted me the center pin and L bracket for the markers... it would have been pretty easy really especially if I had all the parts...... Langs Im calling your tomorrow!
  15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm sure you got everything you paid for.
  16. Is there a reason you haven't moved on from the Fisher forum page??

Sorry....couldn't resist.
  17. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Hmmmmm, sounds a bit backhanded to me.
  18. plowguy43

Basher- I know I know we've talked about it before but I'm not all that worried.

Motorman007- no worries, I expected it. I've been a Fisher guy forever and I think 6 plows. Nothing wrong with them but learned a lot that I don't mind helping when possible. I just think they are starting to get crazy with their pricing is all.
  19. plowguy43

Well it wasn't missing any parts
  20. f350bob

f350bob Junior Member

Repo Man 207; wish my new X V stainless 8 1/2 came pre-assembled, dealer reversed the hoses and it turned left when i pushed the right button. Cost me 1/2 day and $30 in gas to return and get it fixed. Love the stainless, can't wait for 6-12"..... bob