1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FisherPlows.com site updated..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike 97 SS, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Hey guys, just passing on some news. I was just on FisherPlows.com site and i noticed they updated the Specifications section. It now lists the X-Plow and has all the measurements of it and how much it weighs. What i dont understand is it seems they lowered the complete weight on all the listings from what it used to say before the X-Plow was added. For example it used to say an HD 8ft plow weighed 855, now it says like 717? It used to say a HD 9ft weighed like 925, now it says like 770 or something. I wonder if they really did lighten up all their plows or are these just all mistakes all of a sudden? :confused: Mike

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The new series of plows are considerably lighter. I think it is because of some different alloys that they are using in making the blades.

3. Maine Man

Maine Man Junior Member

The weights have changed because the vehicle specific mounts have been taken out of the calculation. Those vary so much from vehicle to vehicle, that they were removed from the overall plow weight.

Look for a major web site revision from Fisher within the next two weeks which will highlight the XBLADE on the homepage and in the models section as well as a new Limited Edition New England Patriots World Champions snowplow which will be available in 7 1/2' & 8' sizes and powder coated metallic silver.

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I currently think that Fisher has the best web site, along with the best plow. The tech section which has all manuals and drawings is perfect for repairing and refitting old snowplows when manuals are often hard to find. All documents can be downloaded in Adobe format. This is definitely a bonus when working on a weekend or into the night on a mounting or repair.

5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher just updated their web site with a new design. Now you can see the X Blade and NE Patriots plows. Also you can now clearly see the big difference in Minute Mount 2 plows. They have a cool demo of how it works.

http://www.fisherplows.com/spfeatures.asp