1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XV2 Plow Noise Question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by brandonnmm, Jan 4, 2016.

1. brandonnmm

brandonnmm Junior Member

First offical post!

I noticed today while doing a driveway that when I lower my plow it makes a clicking type noise as I lower it, it doesnt do it while lifting though. Its not consistent either.

Any idea's what it could be?

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Sorry I can't help you but I think it's just shivering with this cold weather xysport

3. brandonnmm

brandonnmm Junior Member

Huh! Thanks! I know it's 25 here but that's really nothing!

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

How quickly does the plow drop?

5. brandonnmm

brandonnmm Junior Member

I have adjusted for a slower drop so it doesn't bang, but it seems to be dropping a little faster then normal.

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Sometimes with a slower drop the lift cylinder will chatter on the way down. Open the quill a bit and see if that helps.

I prefer a bit of a thud when dropping the plow, it knocks the snow of the blade and works really well for scaring Prius owners. :drinkup:

7. awhip

awhip Member

Mine does it to. Sounds like the spring on the lift chain opening up or moving around or something. Maybe it's something in the lift piston? Also mine goes up slow sometimes.