1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FISHER XV2 / Ford speaker feedback issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mr benelli, Oct 16, 2014.

1. mr benelli

mr benelli Junior Member
    from mass

Hello,

I purchased a new XV2 SS plow today. I has it installed on a 2011 Ford f250 Lariat (GPS and NAV) crew cab. The truck was ordered new with 5950 pound springs and plow package, but only had a 650 CCA battery.

After the install, and while operating the plow remote, a loud chirp and feedback came from the radio speakers. The unit was installed to the accessory switch and then directly to the battery. The noise continued.

Then a new battery was installed and the noise level from the speakers was reduced by 80 percent or so.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? I have read on internet there might be a TSB Bulletin to reprogram the PCM, but my Ford Dealer is not aware of it.

Also the dealer installed the unit and powered it from an external power source, and there was no radio speaker noise.

Anyone recommend what size alternator I should have for plowing?

Thanks for the help.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Bad grounds are usually the cause of background noise. Try putting jumper cable from Neg battery terminal to Neg plow motor post and try it.

3. mr benelli

mr benelli Junior Member
    from mass

Tried the ground jump noise is still present but mainly in the up mode. lifting the plow. I tried adding another battery, and didnt help.

I ran all the devices while truck running and got 14.35v at battery. Shut off all devices while truck running and got 14.35v at battery.

Going to try a ford reflash next.