1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher xv2 first impressions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vt properties, Nov 24, 2013.

1. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

Ran my 9.6 PC xv2 for the first time today. Plowed about 3 inches with it.. first thing I noticed was how the blades obscure the headlights a bit.. no biggie.. bit I can say the hydrolics are fast!! Blade scraped pavement very clean ,and back to the hydrolics very strong as well. The lift arm makes the one on my xls look tiny. Its in a 2013 f250 .. I put around 700 or so lbs. Behind the rear axle . This is my first. v plow.. I have a xls on a 2009 f250.. and a 8' straight on a 2006 f250.. overall it performed well but as of now I consider the xls a slightly faster plow. The xls carries more snow , and can manuever snow more easily. And the xls will be faster when ever there is open lots for sure. Driveways I would put it at a tie. The xv2 can open up heavy snowbanks more easily I'm sure and stack higher , those blades really get up there . However I have never been not able to open something up with a straight blade , I might have struggled but got it done. please excuse my spelling and whatnot in this post , I'm on my phone. and I would like to post some pics from my phone, is that possible from the plowsite mobil version ? I don't see a photo upload button.
  2. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Do you have a photobucket account? Make one and then download the app to your phone. Then upload the pic to the app. Then copy the img code and paste it into the text box here. Then next time you want to post a pic just upload it to photobucket and copy and paste the img code right from your phone. I use this method with my iPhone and it works great.