1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher xv1 press left plow goes up? I'm in a bad why right now Please help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by justin13, Jan 27, 2015.

1. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

so i was stacking some snow and my plow went haywire, if i press the control up it will go up for a split sec then whine, if i press left it will go all the way up, press down goes down, press scoop, retract, right all go down. we are at the tail end of a big storm and i have a giant mess to clean up!!!!any help would be greatly appreciated. this site has bailed me out in the past

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Wish I could help ya but have no idea with everything on these plows being computerized, maybe try disconnecting from battery and try that...maybe a glitch but sounds like a controller issue.

3. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

Thanks for the reply, i tried another controller......not the issue

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check fuses out on the pump under the covers. Two fuses under front cover and two under rear cover.

5. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

Fuses are good

6. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Check the connection at the grill ice and water prob got in them

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Then you are down to control or damaged module. Should also test coils.

Bad connection should make control light flash.

8. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

doesn't hurt to check

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Well what did you find wrong with it.

10. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

I hooked the plow up to another truck and it still persist, so I have at least narrowed it down to the plow side. Im on my way to get a power/control side harness now......fingers crossed

11. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

If everything except left and up drop the plow, would that narrow down which valve is junk?? Because im beginning ti think its a valve not the harness.

Update: it was a broken male terminal on one of the magnets that control one of the valves. Im a donkey for not checking them already

12. justin13

justin13 Junior Member

Thanks to all concerned