1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XV cutting edges. Not impressed

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bozeman, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Bozeman

Bozeman Junior Member

I have a 2006 xtreme v and had the original blades replaced under warranty to the new 2 piece style. I have plowed about 10 snow events on the new blades and they are really wearing fast! I could probably make it through the season but that's it. Is anyone else seeing this type of wear? My snow way plow had the same blade for 5 years plowing this same route. It did have the 3 shoes on it that took a lot of the wear I know. Just curious if I might have some mild steel or if you guys are only getting a year out of your blades?
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I guess there were some crappy edges. Mine (new last year) came with the 4 piece 3/8" edge. Didn't last long. The 4 piece 1/2" edge is lasting much longer. Obviously it will wear faster without shoes than anything else with shoes.
  3. duramaxblade

duramaxblade Member

We had the same problem on one of the company truck last year. Went through the cutting edges before the season was half over. Fisher replaced them no charge. Said they had "soft" steel. Give Fisher a call, see what they can do, since the cutting edges are new, the are separate from the plow, and not from 2006. They might replace them for you. It never hurts to ask.