1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XV blade stuck up how to manualy lower?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BoulderBronco, Oct 30, 2013.

1. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

My Fishstik wiring failed last night. They pulled out from the connector. No way to fix that so I have a replacement cord on the way. But in the meantime I can't lower the plow to take it off. I tried jumping 12V to S1 but no luck. I thought that was the one that operated the lift ram. The plow is all the way up so I can't just jack it and disconnect the chain. I could loosen the hydraulic hose but that will make a mess. There must be a way to do this I just don't know how. Any help would be appreciated.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Jump power to S1 coil/valve. Loosen the hose. Watch your feet.

3. BoulderBronco

Got it. I looked through the schematics and figured it out. It's not the S1 valve it's S3. And it needs a ground not +12v. So just ground the blue wire side of S3 and BAM! Yes, watch the toes.

4. kimber750

S1 would raise the plow under normal conditions. S3 is the valve normally used to lower. But still not sure how you got it shift with ground. But good job anyway. Thumbs Up

5. BoulderBronco

In the Mechanics Guide for the XV, page 40 has the electrical schematic for lowering the plow. It says how there must be a completed ground path to activate the solenoid.

6. kimber750

Ahhhhh, completely missed the XV. That is Fleet flex. :blush2: