1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XtremeV lift arm making noice.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BucklesIX, Dec 28, 2012.

1. BucklesIX

BucklesIX Member
    from US

I had it annually serviced at the dealer, it was working fine before that? Now the pump is louder than it should when the lift ram is activated going up and down. Sometimes it has a hesitation when lifting and dropping. Yesterday it kept stopping, not wanting to go up or down, unless I turned it off and then restarted it. Today it is working fine, except for the noise? Fluid Level is fine, no visible leaks, not slow. Before I take it back what possibilities could it be. I would like to know before I take it back, and listen to what their expensive solution is probably going to be?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Could be air in the lines but that usually works its way out shortly after using it. Could be many things like a controller or module. Kind of hard to figure out any more with these things especially when its intermittent.

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Maybe they "fixed" it so that you would have to bring it back for more "service"? Ever use them before?

4. BucklesIX

BucklesIX Member
    from US

There the dealer I bought the plow from! Everyone goes to them for Fisher plows up here. It kept stopping, and the red light on the control was slow flashing, indicating no communication. So I had to keep stopping, turning the plow off and back on every time I needed to adjust it. Then that stopped, and it was working fine, now It sounds like the pump is working hard, or something is resisting it. I don;t see any bolts backing off, or anything bent. It's just coincidental, it started after I had it serviced.

5. dsears

dsears Junior Member

if you paid to have it serviced then bring it back part of the service is check all connections and to check operation of the plow could be almost anything but you already paid for it once