1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher xtreme v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Hillviewstyle, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Hillviewstyle

Hillviewstyle Junior Member

I've got a new 8-6 extreme v on an f250 and the gap between the two cutting edges where the plow v's is leaving a trail of snow behind and driving me insane! I've got a 9-6 western v on a f550 and that plow has a rubber shoe where the edges meet and there is no trail left behind. Dealer told me they don't make that for the Fisher. Any of you guys having this problem?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You should be able to adjust the two center sections of the cutting edge to close the gap.

3. A brand new XV cutting edge is adjustable but it won't adjust enough, I've found. I had to slightly trim my inner pieces with a torch.

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep either take the torch to them or find a friend who works in a machine shop and have him slot them for you. We had to do that last year with a set of edges. Fortunately we have a few friends in the tool and die business

5. Hillviewstyle

Hillviewstyle Junior Member

What are you torching? You hear and bend it or you cut slots to adjust it? Mine has no slots to adjust

6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes you slot them so you can move them closer together

7. The two middle pieces are slotted from the factory, just not enough. Aftermarket replacement edges are better.

8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Check your center pin too. Make sure it isn't bent badly. It really shouldn't affect the cutting edge too much but it can slightly. Mine bends every year.