1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Xtreme V Wing Drifts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BoondockerEquip, Jun 30, 2014.

1. BoondockerEquip

BoondockerEquip Junior Member

Hello everyone,

When driving with this Xtreme V down the road, the right wing drifts into V mode. Any ideas on how to fix?

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Does it do it with the truck not moving? If not, the valve may have some dirt in it and may not be closing all the way. So, with the force of the wind, the fluid in the cylinder would get pushed back into the reservoir even if the motor isn't running.
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Passenger side base end relief valves need to be checked. They are hiding under cover on the pump assembly.

XV vlaves.jpg
  4. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Yup, bad or stuck relief valve.
  5. BoondockerEquip

Thank you guys. I will be tackling it this weekend at some point. Is there anything specific I am looking for to know it is a bad relief valve?
  6. BoondockerEquip

So I pulled them out and one of them looks like the ball was wearing off center. Could this be the problem? Also, all of them were not tight all the way. I take it this is done for a reason. When I re-installed them, I tightened them all the way, then back them off 1-1/2 turns.