1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FISHER Xtreme V Stuck in scoop position

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DPMVT, Nov 28, 2014.

1. DPMVT

DPMVT Junior Member
    from Vermont

Hey everyone, New to the sight so I apologize if these questions have been answered a ton of times.

Used my plow thanksgiving eve, into thanksgiving. NO ISSUE. Went and cleaned up a parking lot this morning everything started out just fine. Plow was up and then stopped working. on/off light starting flashing, which I know means no communication. got it home, cleaned out the connection, plugged in back in, the light went solid and now NOTHING WORKS. Can't get it to move at all, so its stuck up and in the scoop position.

Any ideas? I know Monday I can get it into the local fisher dealer to be looked at but just didnt want to leave it like this for 3 days.

Thanks everyone, hope you all had a nice thanksgiving.

i appreciate any help I can get.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Start with the fuses out on the plow.

3. DPMVT

DPMVT Junior Member
    from Vermont

Hey, just checked the fuses on the plow and under the hood. All 4 are ok. Wish it was that easy. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

4 on plow and 2 under the hood. Check and clean the bumper connections and the control connector, then do it again. Also check for power at the battery side of solenoid. This is where the module gets its power from.

5. DPMVT

DPMVT Junior Member
    from Vermont

there are 4 fuses out on the plow? I can only find 2. 2 4 amp fuses. Can't find any others. and the 2 10 amp fuses under the hood by the module.

6. DPMVT

DPMVT Junior Member
    from Vermont

This is the only fuse location I found on the plow, just about module. Am I missing some somewhere?

IMG_3010.jpg

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

There's another fuse holder like the one you pictured on the opposite side of the pump near the motor relay. It has two 4 amp fuses in it as well. Also, the connector at "B" on the plow module looks kinda screwed up. You're sure there's no issue there? I'd double check that.

8. DPMVT

DPMVT Junior Member
    from Vermont

Checked those other fuses, they were fine. THEN I just started over. went to the battery terminals, and the negative was "slightly" loose. I tightened it up, and tried it again. BINGO. everything works. Unreal. luckily it was something simple. stupid simple. Guess i figured because I had power on the controller and headlights came on that everything was good coming from the battery. Thanks guy for the assistance. I appreciate it.

p.s. "Connector B" on the plow side is ok. 1 of the tabs broke, but it is secure. thanks for bringing it up though"

thanks again

9. Saber

Saber Junior Member

lol posted at the same time as you....glad you got it fixed