1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Xtreme V - Flashing red light on Fishstik

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tumas, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

Hello, I have a 2012 Fisher Xtreme V - 7.5
    My problem is I have a flashing red light on my Fishstik, with no plow movement Sometimes. It seems like it is intermittent, but is happening more often now. It has all worked perfectly until yesterday, and I have never used the security guard feature.

Things I have tried:
    -Cleaned and applied dielectric grease to plugs in grill
    -Tried a Fishstik from a friends V-blade. Still does the same thing
    -Slightly bent pins on controller connector to make sure it has good connection.

Thanks for any other help In advance.
  2. You're on the right track....a flashing red light means the truck is having a communication issue with the plow. It's usually the two very small pins in the battery cable that goes to the pump motor.
  3. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

Do you mean the square 4 pin that goes to the front of the truck?
  4. Yes there are two very small pins in between the larger pos and neg pins on the battery cable. Those two pins do all the work of controlling the functions on your plow.
  5. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

The pins look very clean and I have dielectric grease on them as well
  6. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

I also just tried a known working vblade on my truck and that one doesn't work either... Just flashing red light. That leaves me to a problem on the truck side
  7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Definitely sounds like a truck side issue
  8. OK so work your way back on the battery cable towards the iso mod. Those two wires have a plug on them about halfway back. Check that and work your way back to the control harness. Check where the control harness goes through the firewall for a chafed wire.
  9. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

Hello everyone, I found my problem, thanks to this site. The brown and white wires (2 small pins in between big pos and neg pins) from the grill plug were chaffed off on the truck side. Put in new wire and everything is good.
    Thanks again!
    Now maybe someone can tell me why my low beam lights don't work? Lol
    Thanks again
  10. BoondockerEquip

BoondockerEquip Junior Member

Glad the problem is fixed. It is a very good idea to get some hard plastic conduit to wrap that power harness to prevent the communication wires from rubbing through again. They are very vulnerable behind that thin weaving. Even a zip-tie is enough to rub through.

As for your low beams... do the low beams work properly on the truck? Always start with checking the fuses off of the isolation module as well as the fuses on the truck. Are all of the pins still in your 11-pin plug? Do you see any broken wires around the 11-pin plugs (both truck and plow side)?