1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Xtreme V cutting edge concerns

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by StonewallFarms, Jan 8, 2010.

1. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

So after some time i was finally able to locate a new cutting edge for my xtreme v that wasn't outrageously priced. Just had the edge installed and I'm looking at the plow and it appears that the outer edges are getting contact with the pavement while the insides are not.( same in all positions, scoop,v or straight) Also with the light coating of snow in the driveway i tested it this am and it proved my suspicions correct only scraped the first 6 inches or so from the ends of the plow and that was it. also upon further looking i noticed that the cutting edge actually gauged my drive way at the corners of the blade as well as the inside where it v's. is the edge not installed properly? btw its the new 4 pc. kit :help:

Thanks for your help,

Dan

2. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

drop it on the road while driving and it will wear even for you won't take much does not sound like a big deal to me

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Is the plow in the same mounting hole as when the first cutting edge was new? or did you adjust holes as the edge wore away? My center dug into the pavement as well when it was new. Once it wore it it's fine.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If only the ends hit, even with the plow straight, something is really messed up. Or, your driveway has a negative crown.

If you don't have a nice flat garage floor to check things out, take your truck to a bank drivethrough or gas pump. Somewhere with a nice flat concrete pad. Set the blade straight, and lower it slowly. It would be good to have a helper lower the blade while you watch. The entire edge should hit at the same time. It should not change when you go to float. Do this in vee and scoop also. Take some pics and post them. Also, when your blade is down, there should be plenty of slack in the chain.

Also, check your center pin/hinges for wear. With the blade staight, and up in the air, lift the ends of the wings up and down. How much movement is there?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010