1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher xtreme v and 2010 powerwagon

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stanza, Aug 3, 2010.

1. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

I was told by the dealer that the 2010 dodge power wagon I wanted to buy could handle the 8' extreme v fisher.
    When I took it to get installed the install company said the winch was in the way.
    C'mon guys.
    Can anyone tell me if it will work?
    thanks

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I was told the same thing last fall when I bought a new truck. I wanted a PW but the dealer said you can't put a plow on it so I went with something else.

I'm sure you can put a plow on them, you just need to find someone willing to do it.

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Doesn't Dodge offer a 60 dat return on there truck? Take it back and tell them you want a different truck or let them put the plow on seeing they said it could be done. Someone must know a way. I know on my buddies F250 it had a warn hidden winch. I took it off because it was in the way pushing the bumper out. I wanted a winch but after what my buddy had to do for the plow NG.

4. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Can't have the winch and a plow mount on the Power wagons. Time for a trip back to the dealer!

5. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

thanks guys,

6. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Bringing up an old thread here, but you can mount a plow and still have/use the winch on a PW. Head over to Power Wagon forum at Dodgetalk.com to find a few people who have done so. I believe Meyer and Western make a new style that works with the PW. While the factory manual says DO NOT install a plow on the PW, you still can. That is just a disclaimer because the front suspension and springs on the PW are softer then a normal Dodge 2500 to allow for articulation and possibly some airbag issues.

Specifically this thread has some people Western and Meyer units installed with pics:

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311805&highlight=plow

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  7. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

is there any way you could get some of those pictures posted on here? you have to be a member of the site in order to see them. And i have seen several power wagons on autotrader with plows, some westerns, a blizzard 810 power plow, and a fisher EzV

8. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Ask and ye shall receive: (although there is a wealth of info on that site and I recommend registering)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(pictures courtesy Dodgetalk.com)

9. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

continued....

(pictures courtesy Dodgetalk.com)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Last few I found...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

My buddy knows a guy that has a ExtremeV on his new Power Wagon they took the winch and brackets out for this winter, but my buddy said that he has a welder/fabricator making new mounts for the winch that will alow the fisher push plates together. I dont know if I can get photos but will try.

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Those things would be the ultimate plow rig- 4.56 gears, lockers front and back,a super low gear reduction in 4low,and a winch all from the factory.

13. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

As far as I know, and from reading the threads with these photos, they were all mounted without modifying the winch hardware.

14. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Thanks for the pics! Here are two that i had saved on my computer. The red one has a Blizzard 810 Power Plow and the silver one has an 8.5ft Fisher EZ-V

PW810.jpg

PW-EZV.jpg

15. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

look in the bumper slot for the red pw posted. there is no roller fairlead so winch prob gone.

i have the parts for arb airlockers for my offroad truck build. havent got that far yet. but i can sure bet that selectable lockers front and rear is the best in snow.

i have had open/detroit/ and gov-loc all in a 14 bolt ff in 1ton trucks. and i can say the best in snow on the street is open. then when you need it the best would be flip the switch and go.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  16. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Actually there is.....

powe wagon.jpg

17. sweetk30

no sir look at the red one above my post. its got the white blizzard plow. :D

18. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

My appologies, that one looks maroon to me and not a good angle to see what its got

19. sweetk30

i dont belive in more colors than the rainbow comes with sorry my bad there also.

fyi rainbow colors = roy g biv

r= red
    o=orange
    y=yellow
    g=green
    b=blue
    i=indigo like purple
    v=violet

thats what i was learned when i was a widdle one :waving::D

20. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

someone just posted pics of a Powerwagon in the Dodge plow pics thread, with a western plow and his still has the winch you can see the hook in the bumper!

scroll almost to the bottom, its red and looks AWESOME http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=113939&page=3

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011