1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher xtreme v 7.5 on full size pu

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by lazypine, Nov 26, 2014.

1. lazypine

lazypine Member

I have a 2008 chevy 3500 crew cab 8' bed diesel. I have an older Meyer "husky" series plow that will cost a bundle for me to upfit from my old truck. I have found a used fisher xtreme v 7.5 that was taken off a 2007 chevy (new body style)3/4 ton.
    I'm not doing any commercial work, have one or two long driveways to keep open, along with my own farm. Should I keep looking, or will this work for me?
    Thanks Neal
  2. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

It most likely will work, but is your truck a dually? Not positive on Chevy's but I know that my single wheel f350 barely tucks in behind my 8'2 boss when fully vee'd, so I doubt you would not be running over your own snow the whole time. Wings could fix that issues though. Depends what he is asking but for your limited use it should be ok if you want to deal with it's small size.
  3. lazypine

lazypine Member

Mine is a single rear wheel, seems fisher makes wings for their 8.5'and 9.5,but not the 7.5. Not quite sure why That is? Maybe they don't sell enough of the smaller ones, anybody know ?