1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XLS

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mrv8outboard, Dec 29, 2009.

1. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

I posted an ad looking for a Fisher XLS. So that post stays simple I will ask in this one. I would like to know why you would not get an XLS vs. a straight blade? I have a Fisher now and that is the brand I am going to stay with. Fire away. Thank You.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Time & Versatility. I would never go back to a straight blade. I can scoop, I can have a 8' for tight drives, and a 10' for those bigger lots & roads, the windrowing feature rocks. I think I like that the most. Scoop one side, extend the other, thats one bad ass piece of equipment. Now if they can just fix my BRAND NEW $6K plow for good then I will be happy!

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

It seems like the best all around plow- Its a bunch of plows all in one- 8'-10' length and anything in between, the "wings" can scoop or windrow like Repoman said, all of which cuts time while plowing. If I could fit on one my truck I would. I have a large parking lot that takes about 45 minutes to do with my plow and I get annoyed with the trails it leaves behind when angled plus I only have 7.5' to work with. The XLS would cut that time probably in half.

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I LOVE my XLS...I have only used it 3 times...But this plow can move some snow..Its just all around a Very Versitile plow...Scoop,Windrow,8 Foot, 10 Foot...Just an awsome plow..I just hope i DON'T have the issues Repos having...Anyway in my opinion, its worth every penny...:D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  5. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Power plows are great investments. You will see a return on investment during the first storm.

6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Great plows, Just a shame they are so heavy, alot of weight on the front end. Running anything dual wheels I say any 8-10 is a must have.

7. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Matson, GET THAT CUTTING EDGE ON THE BLADE!!! lol :drinkup:

8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Getting it TODAY....Does not scrape worth a sh$%.....:waving:

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

BTW, Blizzard is the same parent company as Fisher. You can get rid of that chain, and easier hookup to the truck.