1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XLS

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 20Silverado05, Jan 30, 2008.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Any word on how the XLS is..
  2. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

i've heard good things, there have been a few threads about them already. i saw a video of a guy using a the western version, sorry dunno the name, and it was great. I WANT ONE!!
  3. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

the western version is called the WIDEOUT. ive herd its a little bit lighter than the XLS
  4. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

The wideout doesn't have trip edge, but rather the spring moldboard trip system, which isn't as effective because if encountered with an object, the blade looses its snow. Compared to trip edge, only the bottom 6 inches trips while the moldboard stays as is.
  5. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

I have a friend who has one on his F-350, he says he loves it. I want to get one for my next plow. It's like the best of both worlds, a v-plow and a straight blade. I keep meaning to get a picture of his truck.
  6. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

They are the Bomb!!! I love mine.

Truck # 21.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  7. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck Big Dog. It looks like the cutting edge on the left side wing is worn down. How are they holding up?
  8. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

The XLS is an awesome plow. Lets say you happen to hit a curb with the wing in scoop mode, theres a release valve that lets it swing back without jerking the whole truck. I'm debating on getting another one for next year, but Im kinda leaning towards the X blade stainless version:cool:
  9. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I hope they come out with a bigger plow for the F550, then I would consider one. I would like one like blizzards 8611 series.
  10. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

I have it on some fairly credible info that blizzard will be the only one of the 3 sister company's that has the bigger plows, 8611lp and 8611, at least for the next few years.....I had the same though about a bigger Fisher.
  11. Big Dog D

So far very well. I've got about 4-5 events on it so far and have had zero issues. The plow as shown in the picture had never even seen snow at that point. It was most likely just some mud that makes it look worn.
  12. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

are you sure about that big dog? looking at the picture look at the left wing as you are facing it.it just look like its rounded off or something. idk maybe the muds playing a real good trick . nice setup anyways got any more pics of that ford youd like to share, and if i recall right from seeing you on dootalk you got a nice red trailer to go along with it :waving:
  13. Big Dog D

1000% sure. Look at the steel cutting edge in the center, you can still see where it's written XLS with some kind of chaulk or marking pen.

It had never plowed a flake at that point.
  14. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Oh ok, it looked like that in the picture. The plow looks mint. Keep us posted on the performance of the plow, i would love to get on one day.
  15. JD 990

JD 990 Member
    from Maine

Hey big dog can you post some more pics. PLEASE
  16. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

The XLS is the best fisher I own!

17. trmotorsports

trmotorsports Junior Member

Do you guys think the XLS is built tougher than the Xtreme-V? I like the looks of the XLS as it looks tougher than my Xtreme-V. I am in my third year with my Xtreme-V SS 9'6", and am noticing many cracks in the main frame, and the lift frame. Not impressed, I am not hard on the plow, and was expecting more than 3 years out of the plow before experiencing cracks like this. I will take pics tomorrow to show you guys.
  18. toyman

toyman Senior Member

That looks just like my next truck right there.

What's up DJ

19. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

those xls' look awesome you have any more action pics of them?