1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher xls

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by arborist, Sep 12, 2014.

1. arborist

arborist Junior Member
    from toledo

I was thinking about putting a xls fisher on my 2013 2500hd it has lighter front axle 4400lbs but was told by numerous people that it would be ok putting that plow on truck just wanted some opinion s and any one else has done it

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If it's still under warranty, I wouldn't

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would. I ran a 810 blizzard on my 09 with a duramax and had no issues.

Is your truck gas? I'm thinking it is.

4. arborist

arborist Junior Member
    from toledo

Yes I have a 6.0 gas my buddy's 06 has a 810 blizzard and his has a 200 lbs more front gvw than me it is outta warranty just put 39,000 miles on it

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

As far as warranty goes borrow some guys straight blade and show it to them.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If it's out of warranty then go for it. Remember no plow prep, might not be covered under warranty

7. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

If you have the plow prep you will be fine. If you don't have the prep you might run into warranty problems no matter what plow you out on. Ether way it will hold it fine timberns are a great idea as well