1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XLS

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by OrganicsL&L, Aug 2, 2011.

1. OrganicsL&L

OrganicsL&L Senior Member
    from Maine

Hi everyone,

Well now that August is here, I'm beginning to look at a new plow for my new ride. I am thinking hard about the XLS by Fisher. How do those of you that have the expandable plows like them? How are they in relation to a "V" plow?

Hope you are all having a great summer!
  2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Use the search feature in the toolbar,this has been discused at great length,lots of good first hand info that guys likely won't repost as indepth a second or third time,good luck
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

pm repoman... hes had experience with both.... I personally like the extreme v's but the xls is supposed to be alittle more efficient with open lots compared to the v's... I think fisher states 10% more eff compared to a v...... but you can't bust through a snowbank like you can with the v....It all depends on what type of plowing your doing.....where are you located in maine?
  4. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

We run XLS and Extreme V's, over a 8.5" V obviously the XLS is more efficient, compared to a 9.5 V it is marginal.
  5. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Own an XLS...Really Like it.....The Most Productive Plow I have used.....payup