1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XLS wont lift up

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kingsr6, Oct 31, 2015.

1. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

I have a Fisher XLS 8-10 blade. All functions work. New plow oil, new hoses. Blade goes L/R and expands and retracts with no issues at all. However when I try to raise the blade it only comes up about 1 inch and stops. Pump is still trying to lift. I can only make it lift full height if I tap the L/R and hold the lift button down. This "jarring" action will slowly lift it up.
    I have tried switching the coils to make sure it wasn't a bad coil. No change still wont lift. I also replaced the SVCV08-20 valve ( which I believe is the raise lower valve) in case it was sticking on or not opening all the way. No Change.
    So I am left with the pump, but if all the other blade actions work perfectly fine could it really be a pump?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It take the most power to lift.

Need pressure gauge to rule out motor/pump. The ram itself could be bad.

Take chain off and try and raise

3. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

No sign of Ram being bad. No leaks anyway. I will go try it with no chain.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Is it full of fluid. Check with lift ram all the way down and wings retracted. fluid should be at bottom of fill hole threads.

5. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

Yes it full of new fisher plow fluid.

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You can try tightening the quill all the way in. If it raises then there is an issue with the S2 valve. I would still do a pressure test like OldDog suggested but this is a quick test you can try. Just remember to get the plow back down the quill will need to be opened and the plow most likely will drop so stay clear of the blade.

7. kingsr6

kingsr6 Junior Member
    from ON, CAN

Lift cylinder goes up with no problem once the chain is off.

8. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Check the relief pressures. Adjust if necessary. If you can't achieve proper pressure, replace pump. Don't need as much pressure to angle blade or extend wings.