1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher xls wings are jamed

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nassa, Jan 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. nassa

nassa Junior Member

hi guys i got a fisher xls 8 years old when i hit the scoop mode or wing out the blades move but get caught on the main blade of the plow so its trying to open up but gets caught on the edge of the main plow, they should slide out first then pop forward, but they seem to want to pop out first then slide, they were working fine last night but this morning WTF!!! I check the channel where the rams are they look clean and aroung the slid outs will post video soon

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Did you look in the slide boxes?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Froze? Or bent?

4. nassa

nassa Junior Member

It cannot be bent or frozen because I was using it that night when I got home I parked it and make sure everything was working fine Plus it's doing it from both sides both sides cannot be frozen or bent at the same time

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Wait. Why can't they be frozen again?
    And I've had both mine freeze throughout the night.

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

There might be something frozen in there.Its 12 degrees here now and it was colder last night.

7. chevyzrule810

Can get it inside somewhere and let it warm up and melt anything?

8. nassa

nassa Junior Member

Yeah going to bring into the garage today let it warm up with some heaters and see what happens I also have a video but I can't post it off of my phone will do that when I get home

9. nassa

nassa Junior Member

Is there a write up on how to take off the wings on this plow or diagram of some sort

10. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't take the wings off just yet.....Take it in and thaw it out....Then make sure the slide boxes are clean and clear of debris and ice and snow....Thumbs Up

11. chevyzrule810

Agreed. I think there might be a piece of ice or snow in there and needs to melt to free it up

12. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Remove the the stop bolt, remove hydraulic lines and remove ram base end pin. The whole assemble will slide out. But if the slide box is stuck you will have a hell of time getting it out.