1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XLS Snow Plow $4200

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by vector330ix, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vector330ix

vector330ix Junior Member
    from nh

Im selling this for $4,200

I have a Fisher XLS that has only seen 1 year of plowing.

I bought it for last season but this year I decided to retire from the plowing industry. So it only saw one season, and here in New Hampshire that season was only about 8 storms when we normally get 16-20. So it has not seen a lot of real work.

It has the non truck side parts, a cutting edge and the Hand controls for this price. If you have the x-treem V you may not need any other wires because it should be the same wiring. other wise its a single wire change for most newer setups.

there is nothing wrong with it I just don't need it. Im selling the truck and the plow. this is for just the plow. Combined I need to get $14,000

XLS.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Do you have an updated pic of the plow?

3. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

Where in NH? I'm near Keene/Peterborough ...would also like updated pics...I'm out with my XV today...thinking about one of these XLS.
    Get back..........

4. vector330ix

from nh

I am in Milford NH. I just went out to take some pictures now. I will upload them in a few minutes (more correctly they are downloading to my computer from my phone and then i'll post them after that)

thanks for your intrest

5. vector330ix

from nh

Updated Pictures

Here are some pictures i took of it today

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

6. vector330ix

from nh

I just updated the pictures for you. thanks for the interest.

7. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

Don't know why but you can't get Amy PM's...send me one with your cell or home number..gonna be plowing all day tomorrow and into Thursday but maybe we can hook up Friday ??? Thanks

8. vector330ix

from nh

Sorry i assumed all the check marks under PM were all good things. Apparently one of those check marks does not allow public PMs I'll PM you now

9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Just out of curiosity, how do cutting edges hold up,looks like those are all worn down after a light season.Do they have to be changed yearly or twice a year?$$ Still available?

10. vector330ix

from nh

Just like the v plow the wings will wear faster in the scoop mode. This is because of the angle of the blade to the ground. Its unavoidable.

The only wear on cutting edges is at the ends of the wings. They are far from needing replacement but it noticeable they are not new out of the box. They are plenty of room left on the cutting edges and it scrapes well. It should its really heavy.

The plow is still available.

11. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Thanks,bump it up.

12. vector330ix

from nh

By the way I have found a few places that sell the cutting edges for the wings which are steel and ar400 which I figure would last better.

13. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

I would not recommend putting steel cutting edges on the wings

14. vector330ix

from nh

I haven't tried but why do you say that? Have you heard bad results?

15. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

If you hit something with poly edges on the wings, the edges will bend and flex out of the way or over the object. A steel edge..won't. Simple as that. Also, the poly won't wear any faster than the steel edge.

16. vector330ix

from nh

im sure the Polyurethane edge has more give then steel. But i don't want to miss represent the wings on the xls. The Poly edges are 1 1/2" thick. They may flex, but they don't bend out of the way. However the hydraulic system does allow the wing to release from scoop mode should you hit something, so that it doesn't rip the end off.

But i wouldnt say that the 1 1/2" poly cutting edge bends out of the way of an object. They are very hard though arguably not as solid as the 1084 high carbon steel that the factory cutting edge is in the middle 8' section.

17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Is it possible that I saw your truck today parked near Sanels? Don't remember if it was at a house or business but i know an XLS on a dark chevy caught my eye when I was picking up a few things today! My garage is right on 13 in brookline....nice to see someone local on here!

18. vector330ix

from nh

19. vector330ix

from nh

I've had a fair number of PM's I will just post it hear for all. My lowest price is $4000 and im firm on that. its really a great price for this plow.

20. vector330ix

from nh

The lowest i will take is $4000

I am including the plow and the controller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.