1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XLS Questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gtmustang00, Nov 3, 2013.

1. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

My fisher XLS has the 4 inch stops. Can i put the short ones on it or will it hit the pump cover? Also, where can i purchase a decal kit for the front? Seems they wear off pretty quick. I was thinking of clearing the front off the plow so they wouldn't wear off.

2. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Also, are they suppose to be wear strips on the wings to stop rubbing the paint?

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Idk about the stops but if you ask Fisher really nice they'll usually send you free decals. Someone on here last year said to ask them on their Facebook page for best results.

4. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

There is supposed to be a wear bar on the back of each wing your right. Every one I have seen used has been missing them. Not sure about the stops, my old one had the large stops and it felt like it barely came off the ground. The one I just picked up has a broken pump cover, so I'm assuming someone messed with the stops. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

What confin is the plow set at now?

6. gtmustang00

from Berlin

What do you mean?

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

8. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

2 wear strips per wing...One towards the top center of the wing and one towards the bottom of wing where the the cutting edge bolts are located....I have also found decals really don't make the plow any more productive.....:drinkup:

9. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

Ya my wear strips didn't stay on to long. Dealer told me fisher is aware of the problem of them falling off. Amyways I don't have em on anymore and the wings her a but scratched up but the plow is awesome. I just bought a xv2 for a new truck I'll posts some pics when I put spreaders in and trucks all all ready for snow..

10. gtmustang00

from Berlin

What about the stops, anybody running the shorter stops?