1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XLS problems?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Kurto_15, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Kurto_15

Kurto_15 Junior Member

We have a few fisher xls plows. When you push the right wing out it goes out until cupped but you can watch it drift back in. I switch the right and left out valves to see if it reversed with no luck. On another one when you lift the plow you can push the blade left and right slightly like theres play in the rams. I was thinking it maybe the crossover relief valve but havent had a chance to swap them with another one. Any help?

Thanks

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Wing drifting is most likely base end relief valve for that side. The one with play may just the clevis pins are worn/damaged.

3. Kurto_15

Kurto_15 Junior Member

Would you by any chance know which relief valve that it? I found diagrams showing where all parts are located just not one that shows what valve is for what

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

PS Relief valve. Will need to check both the primary and secondary.

Screenshot (2).jpg