1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XLS Problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SilvaXXIII30, Nov 28, 2014.

1. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

Hi Everyone, I have a Fisher XLS Plow.

The Problem is the plow doesn't work to the controls.
    I bought it brand new, I have 2 of them.

Both plows are using the same controller.

So its not the controls its the plow. With the one truck I try the plows and one works perfect scoop, retract wing and wing up down left right.

The other plow doesn't work properly, up down left right wing and wing work fine.
    The problem is scoop and retract work as a wing. So Scoop only moves left wing and retract right wing.

So its just Scoop and retract that work like the wing button.

Fuses are ok I checked them

Thanks hopefully someone can help

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Try swapping plow modules on the two plows and see if the problem moves to the working plow.

3. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Sounds like right wing hoses are reversed. Hoses should read A,B,C,D from left to right when read from truck side.

4. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

Thanks for the help people, I haven't got around to see the problem yet, I have been quite busy wit the snow. I will post back when I find the problem.

The other issue I got was my 2 Fisher Plow xls not scrapping down all the way, I noticed its from the rubber wing edges. They're a lot lower then the middle cutting edge. and when I plow , it bounces like crazy because its scrapping more on the rubber edges. Anyone have this problem?

Thank you

5. kimber750

Outer wing edges should be poly.

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

The edges that come with the xls are rubber. He should put the plow down with the edges in and run the plow straight to get everything on the same plain. Will stop the plow from jumping.

7. kimber750

Poly, http://www.fisherplows.com/fe/showroom/xls

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

9. kimber750

10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Touche kimber