1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XLS on New Holland ls 180

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by skywalker, Jan 16, 2011.

1. skywalker

skywalker Member
    from NW PA

heres another question, if i have an extra XLS blade laying around(i mite, just the blade, long story) is there anyway to hook it up to the skid steer, i know id need a plate and some other stuff, how hard, and how much and is it worth the hassle or just get the Kage system, thanks, im new to the snow removal, ive had a Landscape and tree service for sometime, thought i would use my teaching degree, never did, then my partner in the trees wanted to stay up all night, its kinda fun, i help out when im needed

thanks

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Sure, Blizzard has built SS plows (810SS & 8611SS) for years now.

My only worry would be how the XLS would hold up in front of the Skid.

3. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

here is what I would do: if you have the $ and have enough work going, I would buy a snow pusher for a SS it will make you real happy and it does move real snow, or I would buy one snow pplow goes on ss with hydrolic and whole 9 yard, I will not spend my time trying to rig the old blade, however it will work, but not like the factory made one.
    Good Luck.

4. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Check on eBay they have a pretty good price on Skid steer mounting plates.You will need a set of Couplers to match up with your Skid steer other than that and a little bit of welding it is very easy to do.
    If you happened to have a spare truck side mount it would be even easier, you could weld the mount right to the skid steer mounting plate. I was able to make two snow plow mounting systems out of existing sets of forks that we had. I simply removed the forks and welded on two sets of mounting ears and was able to pin the plow right to the attaching plate of the forks, We added a piece of flat steel to the top of the mount for the lift chain to attach. In the summer we simply pull the pins and slide the forks back on.

5. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Don't forget that he needs hydraulics too. IMO this will be harder to do than the frame fabrication. Somebody help him out. I know that someone recently posted how they did all this. Who's got the link.

6. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co