1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher xls on chevy13

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by arborist, Sep 12, 2014.

1. arborist

arborist Junior Member
    from toledo

Iwas thinking about putting a xls fisher on my 2013 2500hd it has lighter front axle 4400lbs but was told by numerous people that it would be ok putting that plow on truck just wanted some opinion s and any one else has done it

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Put a set of timbres in the front end and some weight in the back and you will be ok

3. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

X2 on this advice.....Put about 500-600 pounds of ballast and you will be good to go.....You won't be sorry Purchasing an XLS......Thumbs Up

4. F250/XLS

F250/XLS Senior Member
    from Canada

Ouff,,,, ,,,, i have 6100 lbs axle in front , it drops 1/4" when lifted.it has a steel cutting edge , i dont know
    What thickness but its the same has what they use on municipal rigs, its 95 lbs ,,plus i got a back drag on it .
    The push plates they used are 3 time the gauge of the original ones, its a pretty heavy set up . I use 750 lbs ballast in back and it makes no difference in how much it drops the front when lifting the plow . The XLS
    Is absolutely awsome but i would not put it on a 4400 lbs front end . IMO. Let me know if you buy it
    I have a Dodge 1500 with 4400 lbs in front ,,and id like to have your input on how it works with your truck.

5. arborist

arborist Junior Member
    from toledo

F250 I did purchase the xls it drop the front of my truck an inch at most

6. F250/XLS

F250/XLS Senior Member
    from Canada

Good to know,,tks.... I made a mistake notice i wrote 1/4" ,,,,,i should of wrote
    3/4" sorry ....

7. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

if u have a duramax I wouldn't do it

8. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

my boss has a dmax and has a xls on his 2013 2500 has no problem handling it

9. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

its not a right out of the gate thing the weight of the motor and plow over time where out frt end parts faster than normal life expectancy

10. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Kind of a wash- plowing in general wears everything out faster.

11. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I disagree theres expected wear and tear from plowing but the motor plus the that plow is just to much weight for that OP's frt end

12. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

My friends 2011 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax with 600lb ballast and torsion bars untouched

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  13. F250/XLS

F250/XLS Senior Member
    from Canada

Beautiful set up ,,,,,

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  14. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If the OP's truck has a 4400 lb. front axle, then it's not a Duramax truck anyway. And in post #5, he says he already went ahead and bought the plow.