1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher xls on a Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jperry9636, Feb 2, 2009.

1. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

Hey guys posted this in the Chevy area but did not get much feed back and hope I can get alittle more here.

Been toying with the idea of putting the xls plow on my truck but the fisher site does not match it to my truck and my local dealer say it to heavy and was wondering if any of you guys have put one on yet. Any pics of the truck holding it up would be great. The local dealer did not even have a truck there with the right wiring to lift one up and demo it.

Thanks guys
    Jack

2. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

Too heavy for a 2500? What truck do they expect it to go on?

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The problem is not so much the 2500, but that it is a crew cab. Too much weight on the front axle already. The XLS is almost 1,000 lbs, about the same as the 9.5 XV. My friend put the XV on his 08 2500 Crew. No problems. Yet. If your truck is out of warranty, and you plow by yourself and are careful, I would say go for it. Otherwise, I'm not sure. My 97 ECLB is only supposed to have a 7.5 on it (according to Fisher) This is my second season with the 8.5 XV. No major problems, though I did replace all four ball joints last year. They probably would have needed replacement regardless of the plow size.

4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Go check out a Curtis plow. I have one on my crew cab GMC and it handles the weight great. Its only a 7.5 though. I am very happy with it.

Bruce
    [​IMG]

5. Rotator911

Rotator911 Junior Member

JPERRY I just checked fisher e match and it says I can put the XLS on my 03 GMC 2500hd 6.0 cc sb but not on an 05.