1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XLS? Good? Bad? Price?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ken643, Dec 12, 2011.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Anyone have a Fisher XLS? Like it? What do they go for price wise? Any issues? Pros and cons? Got any Pictures? Good for driveways? or just large lots?

Thanks Fellas

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

XLS.... Thumbs Up . I'm on my 2nd one ( I like new things). I plow Private roads, Drives, Lots...it does it all and has a configuration for every situation. If your considering a ExtremeV, they're a good plow as well, but unless your hitting seasonal roads, or have the need to break open a large amount of drives / roads that haven't been touched until mid season...your shorting yourself by not going with the XLS IMO.

Price is dependent on what you currently have for a setup on your truck....you can buy just the plow (off truck) in the crate for around $4800, control is another $300, To add the multiplex system (XV & XLS) to an existing fisher setup, your looking at another $200. For the whole kit and kaboodle (push plates, wiring, plow, control...) your looking at around $5500 - $6500 depending on where you buy. That's in the crate. Most dealers will charge another $500 on average to set it up for you. Installing yourself is fairly easy, save your money.

Post pics in a few.

3. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thanks for info, I just saw one that is a 2007 model XLS he is aking $3500 plow side only and $3850 wires controller everything but push plates its off a chevy and I have a 2011 F350 diesel. Though about buying plow side only and have my local dealer set up the rest.? thinking, plus I have to drive to rhode island.

4. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Let me ask you becasue you have one, I know the wings dont trip, what happens if you wack a belgium block curb or something else with the wings? Do they hold up? What is the cutting edge rubber or polly?

Thanks

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

I've hit light posts, grazed telephone poles, and hydrants, it collapses in on itself, then if the force is great enough it releases the stance to angle away from the object. I plow up on curbs and sidewalks all the time...no issues.

As far as buying...$3500 isn't bad...but do the poly edges need to be replaced? Cutting edge...what kind of condition is it in? Poly edge's are $75 as a pair. The cutting edge is another $125-$140

Buy it all, and sell what you don't need to get what you do need. The Plates, and a truckside wiring harness are needed in your case. The ISO is the same, as well as everything else. Make sure it includes the controller.

6. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Most Productive Plow i have ever owned......The wing cutting edges when it comes time to replace...Go with eather Falline Edges or Jerres Edges...The Last one i Purchased was $6345.89 Installed.....You wont be sorry with this Plow......:salute:

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Don't waste your money on truck side install...it's fairly easy to do. Especially on the Superdutys'. I just did mine (08 F-350 diesel), it's one of the easier ones by far. Push Plates can be a pain, but they're not that bad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Fisher came down on their edge pricing this year. Lack of sales and too many complaints from what I hear. They were $235 if I recall, they're down to $75 for the set now.

9. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thanks for all the info Repoman, you clearly have a lot of knowledge on this plow. I am going to call my dealer tomorrow and and check prices. I have my Jeep, but I hate the trailoff I get with the little 6-9 LD. Doing stuff over and over. However, the Jeep is an animal in the snow I wanted wings for it, but cant really find any good ones? So I thought about maybe putting something on my new ford. Never did have a back up truck anyway. lol

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

In it's own enviroment, you can't beat plowing in a jeep.

11. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Great pictures, Nice set up thanks for sharring, thanks a lot fellas for all the info.

12. Matson Snow

They sent me a Set for Free last year for one of my plows.....They barely lasted the season.I have all Falline Edges now..Love The Plow....The Edges i feel are just the cost of doing Business.....payup

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Lucky *******! If I recall, you do some pretty big lots though. I got away with about a season and a half the last time around. Even then, the first season was only a mere 8 storms. I'll look into the Fallines, I would ultimately like a longer lasting edge....but your right, it is what it is.

14. Matson Snow

The Fallines were in the $170 range shipped......I will get 2 Seasons maybee more...I do not hang onto a Plow longer than 4 Years...So, Jerres edges at $600 were a Bit pricey...But i hear Great things about those edges....

15. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Just for the heck of it I called for a price on the XLS, $5995.00 installed plus tax

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

That's middle of the road.

17. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Repo you have HIDs in your plow?

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

Negative. Spring project I think...we'll see. I added the Sylvania something ur others on my last one, and it made all the difference in the world. I can only imagine what HIDs would do

19. PUMA

PUMA Junior Member
    from NJ

Hey Ken, just wondering were you got the price for the xls. Thankyou

20. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Price was from shaws garage in Florham park NJ, they are a Fisher dealer, very nice people.