1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher XLS curb rollers...?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DC WHITE OPZ, Dec 14, 2011.

1. DC WHITE OPZ

DC WHITE OPZ Junior Member

Hey there,
    Loooooooonnnnnng time reader first time posting and the reason being is i cant seem to find a roller kit for the wings on my new xls. I know fisher has some sort of bolt on curb guards but i don't think its compatible on the xls. Its driving me crazy not being able to find a link on these, because i swear i have seen them on peoples blades and even in pics on this site. Looking for help locating roller kits. I'll order a few sets and stock up for buddies as well if someone knows what i'm talking about.:confused:

Thanks,
    DC

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

What r you talking about, roller kits? Do you mean curb guards. I have jerres edges with curb guardsv that protect my xls. Please explain what you saw that fisher made?

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I never seen one but when I was looking at Fisher site I first thought these guards had a roller on them but more I look I could see it wasnt

331.jpg

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

But would be thing try to make be fun try to come up with idea
    Since no snow I might try come up with a design and make a set

5. DC WHITE OPZ

Those ones in your pics are the ones my dealer originally ordered me. They aren't compatible with the xls and not the ones i'm searching for. I mentioned it to my fisher guy again today and tried to describe what i was talking about and he had said he'd never seen them but the thought it was a hell of an idea. I must of seen someone who fabricates their own sets of these roller kits for their blades. Antlerart06 if you come up with a design and build a few sets make sure you send a pair my way and one to fisher lol. Imagine curb lining lots with rollers on your wings! Burkartsplow i have seen jerres edges with curb guards in pics somewhere on this board and think that its a great product. That was my plan b for next season only because i didn't know if you could buy the guards without replacing your cutting edges.

6. orenlasko

orenlasko Senior Member

7. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

Look for the Canadian Weather thread, there are a few guys/gals that can help you out on there.

8. DC WHITE OPZ

orenlasko

That is exactly what I've been looking for. I knew i had seen guys with them on this board before! With the lack of snow it hasn't been an issue so far this season but would love to get those custom guards and I'm not far out from Mississauga. Were these something hitch city manufacturers and sells or something they just did for you? Like could i call them and order? Very interested in getting these on my xls and anymore info such as who to deal with, and price would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    DC

9. orenlasko

orenlasko Senior Member

Email me oren@laskoconstruction.com. I actually have to go out there for something this week. The guards were off the shelf. Didn't cost much. Talk to nick or doug.