1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher xls can't hold the angle

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nassa, Feb 4, 2015.

1. nassa

nassa Junior Member

I was pushing some piles last night it was wet and heave and I notice that the plow was floating on its own not holding the angle I put it in, so I got out and pull on it and I can move it with my hand left to right, did I blow the relive vales on it if so are they easy to replace at home and how many do I need?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

XLS has a large goofy looking relief valve mounted next to the 2 valves on the lower part of the manifold.

3. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

same thing happening on my HT series. I am not hitting the pile hard either...just floats all the way to the side on its own without me touching the controls.

4. nassa

nassa Junior Member

Is there a part number or reference number that I can use to look it up

5. nassa

nassa Junior Member

Are you talking about the crossover relief valve part number 49463

6. kimber750

That should be it.

7. nassa

nassa Junior Member

That was the part easy fix 5 min

8. kimber750

Can you still move the blade by hand?

9. nassa

nassa Junior Member

No problem solved

10. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

If I am having this same issue on my HT series, is there also something I should be looking at? Any help would be appreciated. I too, can move my blade, when raised, left and right. I can move it about an inch + each side

11. nassa

nassa Junior Member

U have a different pump motor than mine I can't seem to find the sme part number or part on yours

12. kimber750

HT has two crossover valves for angling. Front top for passenger side and rear lower for drivers side. 1" is not that much movement.

13. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Ok. I will keep an eye on it. More snow expected this weekend into next week. I know it happened twice where the blade fully angled on its own when in had it only slightly angled. Hopefully its not a big deal and can't wait until spring/summer.