1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher xls and western wideout

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KJ Cramer, Feb 10, 2014.

1. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Does any one know if an xls moldboard will go on a wideout "A" frame? It appears in pictures that they would be interchangeable at the angle pivot point. I'm having cracking and bending issues with my less than a full season old wideout and dealer is saying its abuse. I strongly disagree. More over western rep is supposed to be looking at it but if I hear same response I'm still in the same boat, if they say the will replace it I don't think I like that idea either because of its poor design it will likely happen again. The xls looks to be better supported and has a trip edge which I think would help my cutting edge issue and the 6 ribs on the fisher are more evenly spaced than my wideout which I think will help the side boxes from cracking. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

2. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Hey, can you post some pics of it ?
    I just bought a wideout new in the fall. I find it moves around a little but no more then my western MVP.

Thanks

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I'm jumping on this
    I want a Fisher xls on a Western head gear

4. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Dealer took a bunch of pictures today and are going to send to western. Of course they told me that it was damage due to abuse and that the slide box cracking was just the powdercoating coming off due to normal deflection of the boxes and moldboard. I don't think that should happen and I'm sure over time the cracking/deflection will just get worse. I need to find shop or engineering drawing, something with lots of measurements, for the xls where it pins to the the a frame with the pivot bolt to see if they are interchangeable, my western dealer says it can't be done but the pics I see sure looks like it would go right together. Wish I knew someone nearby with an xls so I could go take a bunch of measurements.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Id like to see some pics as well

7. 1olddogtwo

what kind of pics

blade mount bending.jpg

DS from out.jpg

DS rocking off.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

DS low slide box cracking.jpg

blade mount bending.jpg

DS from out.jpg

DS rocking off.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

DS low slide box cracking.jpg

8. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

That is exactly how my plow looks now, right down to the crack on the face at the lower corner of the slide box cut out on the moldboard.

Thanks for the info on the parts 1olddog. Both brand dealers are saying they don't interchange, with the example of "can't put a gm fender on a Chevy", correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can, might look different but attach and apply the same. I'm still thinking the moldboard will bolt directly to my push frame at that center pivot I just need some dimensions to verify.

Dealer called back and said they emailed the pics to western and is going to push to get me a new moldboard. Guess that's good warranty service but I'm not a fan of replacing one poor design with another. I like things to be "right" and another same designed wideout isn't right, it's just buying enough time to get it out of warranty.

We shall see what ultimately happens. If they give me a new moldboard I will sell it to help pay for the fisher if it does indeed work the way I think it will.

9. Antlerart06

If its not close wouldn't be all that hard to make it fit

Here is what I been looking at

50982.jpg

51224.jpg

51008.jpg

82308.jpg

10. 1olddogtwo

Hopefully it works out for ya........

IMG-20140211-00239.jpg

Working on bigger better products.

IMG-20140211-00239.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  11. Antlerart06

I say the mold boards will switch if not little fabbing you can make work
    Angle rams are the same

12. Antlerart06

Does that MVP3 have more curl then MVP+

From pic looks like a lot of curl

13. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

Ive been thinking about this idea 4 a while now… Im not sure if it work very easily, if at all..?
    Ive been told by many sources that it won't, but Im the guy that always takes the answers of (it can't work) and Thats when I have 2 make it work!!!! But Im hopping 2 try n figure it out this com in summer if I can find the time..?
    I would deff like 2 c if any1 has done it yet tho…..

14. 1olddogtwo

It throws a ton of snow!

IMG_20140211_201529_622.jpg

IMG_20140211_201550_300.jpg

15. 1olddogtwo

Before I would any time researching if it fits, and u could make it work......look to see how much $$$$$ a XLS board/trip is.

16. Antlerart06

$3,477.00 + shipping but you save on shipping if buy from a dealer

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  17. 1olddogtwo

18. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

Happy 2 se U finally got Ur MVP3 wings pat!!
    Why do they not look as big as the older style MVP wings tho?

19. 1olddogtwo

huh............?

both are still for sale.....

IMG_20130328_135805_935.jpg

20. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

I thought U had some1 picking 1 up the other day..? Wat happened?
    And I coulda swore the wings on the SS looked bigger??
    I thought the 3 wings went avail yet?