1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher xls and polycaster.. worth it?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jguck25, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

i just went and looked at a 2 year old fiher polycaster and xls as a package deal, they were both used in 10-11 and 11-12 winters (one of which we got lots of snow and the other we barely got any) for a total of $5200. all the wiring and controllers for both the plow and sander is included. the sander and plow both seemed to be in very good shape except two small cracks starting on the plow.. but they look like the could easily be filled in with a bead of weld. i attached a picture. what do you guys think? i think it is a great deal considering people around here usually want around 3500 for a comparable plow without the wiring and around 3000 for the sander.

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Cant vouch for the sander as I don't run those but I can say the XLS is the best plow I have ever used. I have two of them and love them. They are one of those things that you wonder how you did without them before you used one.

3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

No picture, Thats a $7000 package deal in the condition you desribe... Have a CL link if you cant upload a pic?

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Jump on it

5. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I just texted the guy and he said $6000. Unless it's a different package. For $5200 i'd go for it!

6. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

GTMustang, PM sent.

Sorry I was just now able to get onto my laptop, yesterday I posted that from my phone and there was no way to upload the pictures. Everything is dirty right now but It looks to be in better shape in person. Just worried about those cracks.. Is that a common problem with these plows? The picture Of one of the cracks that I took is of the smaller crack, the one on the other side is in the exact same place but a little bigger. The wings are not cracked at all, It looks so in the picture but that is just a scratch, it is just where the wing channel meets the blade, in each corner if that makes sense..

IMG_20131007_081658_813.jpg

IMG_20131007_081646_264 (1).jpg

IMG_20131007_081709_312.jpg

IMG_20131007_081719_046.jpg

IMG_20131007_081651_214.jpg

7. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

has anyone else had their xls crack like this?

8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

No cracking issues here. One thing to be careful of is to be sure that it's the metal that's cracked. The plows are powder coated and it will crack and rust will develop and give it the appearance that the metal is cracked.

In my opinion they will all have little minor cracks and tears somewhere.